Wednesday 8 May 2013

Acrylic on canvas

After a longish break, I wanted to share my latest painting with you. Last Wednesday was a public holiday in the Czech Republic, so I spent the day painting. It was so nice to get absorbed in something creative. I decided to paint the early morning sun over the Tyrrhenian Sea. It is a view from the yacht during a holiday to Sicily last summer. Good memories captured in paint :)

Mid-way through. Getting the sea right was not so easy.

Finished canvas :)
This was my first attempt at a large acrylic painting. I think I will try another soon!


2 comments:

  1. Wow that is lovely clever you, i have missed your posts are you making a return

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely painting, well done you. Glad to see you back, youve been missed. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I really appreciate it :)